Carnival Paradise Modifies Itinerary

Carnival Paradise Modified ItineraryYesterday, Carnival notified its customers that it was modifting the itinerary of the Carnival Paradise for the following dates: 3/13/17, 3/27/2017, 4/10/2017, 4/24/2017, 5/8/2017, 5/22/2017, 6/5/2017.

Dear Carnival Paradise Guests:

We want to take a moment to provide you with some important information regarding your upcoming cruise. Carnival Paradise is experiencing a technical issue which is only affecting the ship's maximum cruising speed. While our technicians make the necessary repairs; we will need to operate a modified itinerary. We have replaced our visit to Grand Cayman with a call to Costa Maya and will be visiting Cozumel on Wednesday instead. We will also be extending our time in Cozumel for you to experience a little more of this exciting port of call. For your enjoyment; an on board credit of 25 USD; per person; will be applied to your Sail and Sign account.

Below is our revised itinerary:

Day            Port of Call                        Arrive             Depart

Mon            Tampa, FL                                               4:00 PM

Tue             Fun Day @ Sea

Wed            Cozumel; Mexico            8:00 AM           8:00 PM

Thu             Costa Maya. Mexico       7:00 AM           3:00 PM

Fri               Fun Day @> Sea

Sat              Tampa, FL                        8:00 AM

Pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions for Grand Cayman will be automatically refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign account. Pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions for Cozumel will be automatically adjusted to the new day. For information on fun tours in Costa Maya, please visit www.carnival.com. We sincerely apologize for this change and thank you for your understanding. Most importantly; we look forward to welcoming you aboard for a fun and memorable vacation.

This comes just a day after Carnival had to mofify the itinerary of the Carnival Splendor after it developed what Carnival calls a "technical issue" with one of its engines at sea.

Have a thought? Please leave a comment below or join the discussion on our Facebook page.

Carnival Paradise Modified itinerary

Photo credit: Beau Hudspeth - Digi-Gen Design Studios - Photography  - commons / wikimedia.

Comments (14) Read through and enter the discussion with the form at the end
Owen - March 3, 2017 7:10 AM

It just amazes me, of how often a carnival ship experiences propulsion and engine problems, perhaps they should add oars, to the ship??

Captain Skeptical - March 9, 2017 10:31 AM

Just got off the Paradise after the itinerary change in that letter. The onboard tracker showed we cruised the first day at 18-29 knots. The top speed of the ship is advertised to be 21 knots. The 333 NM from Cayman to Cozumel could be done in 17.5 hours at 19kts. One would think departure/arrival times could be adjusted to accomodate. Thus, something smells fishy in the Carnival business offices...not just on the ship!!

Maya T. - March 14, 2017 4:41 PM

What rights do I have to cancel the cruise without being charged the $524 cancellation fee? I was told that it wasnt covered under my cruise insurance and I want to go on another ship. It's not worth the risk and I've been reading negative reviews since the technical issues.

Megan - March 16, 2017 10:21 AM

I am sailing on the Paradise 4/24/17. I'd like to know why we were not given to the option to cancel our cruise as the Splendor travelers were. I am not getting what I have paid for and feel I should either, A) Be given the option to cancel (Full Refund) without the 372.00 fee I am going to be charged. Or B) Be refunded a partial amount of my total since we are no longer sailing to the port of call I paid for. All we were offered was a $25 credit.

Earl Hensley - March 18, 2017 10:18 AM

Was on this cruise starting 3-4-17 and we experienced sewage coming up through the drains along with the smell that kept us from entering our room for a complete day. They canceled the revised port at Costa Maya because of weather which wouldn't of been a issue if we had kept the itinerary that was paid for. Missed 2 dinners because of long waits (45-90mins)for anytime seating because the shows were playing at same time. Waited in customer service 3 times for about a hour each just for them to have attitude and tell us that they couldn't do anything for us to get ahold of them after we get off ship. To top it all off now all they say is sorry about the sewage and stuff hope to see you again sometime!

Earl Hensley - March 18, 2017 10:19 AM

Stephanie Hargens - March 25, 2017 10:55 PM

Unbelievable! This will be our first and LAST time on Carnival. We have been to Mexico multiple times and chose this cruise specifically for Grand Cayman. Our kids will now miss historic Georgetown, the turtles, and Stingray City. If an itinerary change of this magnitude with a $25 credit is Carnival's idea of a customer focused organization, it has a lot to learn. How utterly disappointing!

John - April 2, 2017 8:36 PM

I am booked for the Carnival Paradise leaving Tampa on 4-24-17...I was never informed of these issues at the time of my booking. I would never have booked this Itinerary if I knew in advance this cruise ship was having these issues. A $25 on board credit doesn't do anything to compensate for such dishonesty....
Very dissastisfied with my experience & lack of disclosure by Carnival

Sarah - April 3, 2017 8:17 PM

Will the Paradise have its problems solved soon - going to Cuba on her in September and really don't want to worry about getting home

Linda Devereaux - April 13, 2017 5:23 PM

Would love to hear comments from anyone who has cruised to Havana and met the required people to people hours... Are there guided or self guided tours you recommend? Would love not to spend really big bucks since already booked a 4 hr excursion.

Sue Roberts - May 4, 2017 1:37 PM

March 27th cruise was very disappointing as far as having port changes due to the fact that this was a graduation gift to my granddaughter. I would like to know if the problems have been corrected with the ship as we are booked for a cruise to Cuba September 21st and would definitely like to visit Cuba and not view the ocean the entire trip. I completed the survey after arriving back home and have not received any reply as far as the ship situation and probably will not this time but staying optimistic that it has been repaired. I guess good engine technicians, mechanics, or repairmen are hard to find.

Tonishia - May 4, 2017 9:38 PM

I am cruising on June 24.....I was wondering if there is anything good about the Paradise Ship....? I am a little concerned and this is our first cruise....I certainly don't want it to be a bad experience.

Babs - May 13, 2017 8:09 PM

Never got the letter. Never got an email. We found out on March 8th, conveniently after making full payment. Our agent Manny, told us it was changed because Grand Cayman had too many ships arriving at the same time and they could not accommodate them all. Nothing was said about reduced speed. If the ship needs repair don't sent it out. Also we experienced a water main break during this cruise and were out of water during repairs. We were extremely disappointed not seeing Grand Cayman. We were also told that carnival has the right to change the itinerary and our money would be forfeited.
Also, carnival is so paranoid that liquor gets smuggled in that they took my Pepsi in plastic bottles, yet allowed me to bring water in glass bottles. Go figure.
Had they given each of us a couple hundred dollar voucher toward a future cruise I wouldn't be on this blog!

Cynthia Green - May 21, 2017 12:10 PM

Fix the dang boat! Got the letter in March, set sail on Graduation cruise on June 5. That's plenty of time to make repairs. The $25 is a joke--big joke! We booked this cruise primarily to go to Grand Cayman Islands. Even driving farther distance to port because of it.

Third and last time for a Carnival Cruise for my family. No worries, I certainly will not recommend Carnival to my family and friends nor will our travel agency. Now that's sad! Especially when this cruise lines hardly ever gets positive reviews by its passengers. Get a clue!