5 Things Cruise Lines Won't Say

The Wall Street published an article today entitled 10 Things Cruise Lines Won’t Tell You (with a sub-titles of "navigating a sea of potential sickness, danger and debt") as part of its "Market Match" program.

Included in the article is the video below entitled "5 Things Cruise Lines Won't Say."

The video mentions (1) Sinking cruise ships; (2) norovirus; (3) over-consumption of alcohol; (4) cruise ships won't wait for you at ports of call; and (5) sexual assaults at sea and crimes during shore excursions.

Comments (6) Read through and enter the discussion with the form at the end
Richard - October 8, 2013 8:53 AM

Just plain old fashioned common sense. Nothing new here!

John Goldsmith - October 8, 2013 9:53 AM

Thank You for the article. As I have mentioned, I like to cruise. I also like to travel and visit other cities and areas. All ten items on the list from the site I was made aware of by a very astute travel agent, who told me to seek out a member of the cruise line upon getting on board my first cruise. Each and every item, with the exception of the sinking part, can relate to any onshore or any vacation. I know that there are people "I've seen them" who have no sense of personal responsibilty on board, on shore or generally in regard to situations that can harm them. I've seen people drunk on the golf course drive into a water hazard, then blame the course for getting their clubs wet.
Yes, the cruise lines charge for pictures, special drinks, corkage fee, special dining, gift shop raffles,spa treatments, special cabanas, expedited service and many other items that will run up your bill. If you know this prior to boarding, good on you. If you don't, shame on you.
Be aware, Be responsible, Be smart but mostly---Inform yourself any where you are.

Don Sayman - October 8, 2013 10:57 AM

not sure why I bother. I am sort of pro cruise line, so my postings are never shown. Disney publishes a WARNING as to the danger in Nassau, BA also the idea of not being late is always announced. other cruise lines I have no clue. the cruise director always tells you to take a camera with you to take a picture of the ship as it sails away if you are late.

tinikini - October 8, 2013 10:59 PM

Really Don....if you are "pro cruise line" maybe you should not be reading or posting to this site...DUH!!!

Don Sayman - October 9, 2013 8:09 AM

to tinikini yes you are right it is always better to blame someone else. never take any blame yourself. like the
U. S. federal Govt cruise line are a non-profit. and exsit only for drunks and pervits have a nice day we are going on a cruise tomorrow. DUH!!

tinikini - October 9, 2013 10:22 PM

Don, your response does not make sense to me, but I hope you have a great time on your cruise!!!!!