Carnival Waiter Sexually Abuses a Minor Aboard Carnival's Liberty Cruise Ship

The U.S. Attorney's Office in Miami announced today that it is charging a Carnival Cruise crewmember with sexually abusing a 14 year old passenger aboard the Liberty cruise ship.

According to the criminal complaint filed against the cruise ship employee, Carnival crewmember Kert Clyde Jordan, age 35 of Grenada, engaged in unlawful sexual abuse of  a 14-year old girl while she was cruising on a vacation with her family on the Carnival Liberty.  Under the United States Code which applies to maritime crimes on the high seas involving U.S. citizens, foreign crewmembers can be charged with "sexual abuse."  There is no federal crime involving rape on the high seas against minors.

Carnival employed crewmember Jordan as a waiter on the Liberty.  The incidents in question occurred in a bathroom on the lido deck of the cruise ship.

The young girl reported the crime to her family after returning home.

A pre-trial detention hearing is set for December 1st in the U.S. District Court for the South District of Florida here in Miami.

We have reported on many crimes involving young girls on cruise ships before.  Unfortunately, cruise lines like Carnival do not warn parents of crimes like this although they are frequent.  Just a few days ago we reported on "Serial Rapist" Sentenced to 10 Years for Rape of 13 Year Old During Carnival Cruise.

You can read about cases where child predators abuse children in cases on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship like this or where a Carnival crew member rapes a 14 year old girl like this.

Even supposedly kid friendly cruise lines like Disney Cruises have a history of sexual assaults against young girls on their cruise ships: Passenger Indicted for Sexual Abuse of 13 Year Old Girl on Disney Wonder Cruise Ship.

We have represented several rape victims before our U.S. Congress and have sued cruise lines on behalf of sexual assault victims on cruise ships and have recovered compensation from $100,000 to over $3,000,000 for our clients.

December 10, 2011 Update:  Update on Alleged Sexual Assault of Child Aboard the Carnival Liberty Cruise Ship

Carnival Elation - Cruise Ship Sexual Assault

Photo credit:  Carnival Elation cruise ship - Montego Bay Jamaica - Jim Walker

Comments (9) Read through and enter the discussion with the form at the end
Hanna - November 23, 2011 3:40 AM

I'm crew member of Carnival and I heard so many stories about "sexual assaults" just because some waiter said
"Hi Honey" or "You look so nice today".
Just curious how the guest improve the violence? And exactly after they came back at home? Why "the child" did not say anything on board and still had a fun? And parents did not note anything too?
I don't mean defiantly this case. I just have surprised so many story "Dear parents, we are at home now! That reminds me I was raped on board"

gen - November 23, 2011 3:57 PM

i'm the mother of his kids.....and what he has been accused of is totally false..........none of his friends or family members believe this

twin brother from another mother - November 28, 2011 2:23 AM

I am his brother and it's all about the money in America. This is a recession and we know what lengths people will go to make a dollar, or INFACT in this case, it could be MILLIONS $$$$$$$$$$$. I DO NOT believe ANY of these false allegations. I know the justice system here in America railroads innocent people with just "HE SAY, SHE SAY" bullcrap. I hope we are better human beings than that! If not, it better be without a resonal doubt or they should be ashamed of ruining a good person's life with just an accusation! Hope he was read his Miranda rights this is America after all.

Cathy (Grenadian) - November 30, 2011 3:06 PM

I was not there so I have no idea what transpired. But as a woman, if I was raped or molested, there was no way I would continue enjoying a cruise and not tell my family member. These allegations lately are really getting out of control. Parents teach your children, once anyone touches or attempts to touch them speah up there and then, no days or months later. So to me after hearing this after she got home proves to me that this child could have also been coached as to what should she say.
To my fellow Grenadian brother and family. Pray God will make a way. The truth will be revealed no matter.

Cameron Paul - December 2, 2011 11:12 AM

Clyde is my brother....but as Cathy says,i was not there,,,but still i don't believe he would put himself in such a risky position and do something like that. You don't just wake up one morning and remember ''oh mom dad you know what, i forgot to tell you i was molested in the toilet of that ship'' ohh please....! that's just stupid. Something smells $$$$$$$$ around here... However if it is ''PROVEN'' that he did which i don't believe, My apologies to those involved , and it would be sad to know that such thing did actually happen....but when he is proven innocent just know that we forgive you....

In shock - December 6, 2011 12:46 PM

I've kept quiet for long enough.
I knew Clyde had a girl and kids at home, but while on my cruise, we spent time...a lot of time.
And, while I knew of his family back home, I wondered why he never contacted me once my cruise ended, like he said he would.
I now know why...he got arrested. I am still in shock and obsessed with this case!
Trust me...He was busy with another, the same day he was busy with me. How about within a matter of hours?!?!
Some of his friends, family, even his girl may be still in disbelief he'd do this to a minor - perhaps he just didn't know her age. Perhaps he didn't care to ask - I never knew his full name, until it was revealed to me in in the news.
I'm here to tell you, please don't walk around in a fog of denial that he hasn't touched anyone.

Cammie - December 7, 2011 7:00 AM

Hello .....To the last person who wrote ''in shock'' how can i get in touch with you...? Am his brother and this whole situation is really awkward for me.....here's my @@@ camronpaul@hotmail.com .

In shock - December 7, 2011 8:40 AM

Cammie...no reason to get in touch...it took a while for me to even post, and believe me, I've lurked on several articles with comments. I don't and never will matter in this mess.
Clyde knows who I am, after all, he thanked me for giving him the world...I thought for a moment that our spirits connected, but then again, I was borrowing him from another, anyway.
My shock goes to being a little mad back to shock, but how can I even be mad at him for being with someone within hours of being with me, when he belongs to Gen and the boys?!?!?
I just wish you all well.

Gen - December 9, 2011 10:01 AM

well..."in shock" i guess you knew he had a girl and kids, but u did not care anyway....so what does that say about you..........i hope u feel better as u have now let the world know about ya'll relationship......hope u enjoyed your time while it lasted. you actually slept with someone and u dont even know their name.....lol