The Travel Channel just posted a cruise safety video as part of it’s Travel 911 series (be prepared before things go wrong on a cruise ship).
Its a very friendly sounding video that says that there’s nothing better than a cruise, but bad things can happen on cruise ships.
Here are some tips:
- Bring anti-bacterial wipes and avoid public bathrooms. And check out which ships have high scores on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website.
- Attend muster station drills. They are mandatory before the ship sails and can be a life-saver.
- Limit your drinks. The number one reported crime during cruises is sexual assault. The victims are usually intoxicated.
- Don’t flaunt your jewelry, handbags, or money. Yes, there are thefts during cruises.
- Be extra-safe during shore excursions. Keep your cash and jewelry in the cabin safe and wear a traveler’s pouch.
Have a thought? Please leave a comment below or join the discussion on our Facebook page.