Carnival Splendor Suffers Power Loss?

Today a cruise passenger reported that the Carnival Splendor lost power as it was sailing to St. Thomas, United States Virgin Island (USVI).

Carnival responded to the passenger by saying that that the Carnival cruise ship "has not lost engine power. It's only a technical issue affecting the ship's maximum cruising speed."

Automatic information systems (AIS) show the ship's current speed at 13 - 14 knots, although it was sailing at one to two knots earlier today.

We have requested an explanation from Carnivval but have not yet received a response.

The Carnival Splendor was disabled after an engine room fire in November 2010 in a highly reported case.

Have a comment? Please leave one below or join the discussion on our Facebook page

Update: We received the following statement from Carnival:

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR STATEMENT
March 2, 2017 - 11 a.m.

"Carnival Splendor is currently experiencing a technical issue that is affecting the vessel's maximum cruising speed. The ship's technical team is currently working on assessing the repairs.

Due to current speed limitations, the remaining calls at St. Thomas and Amber Cove in the Dominican Republic have been cancelled so that the ship can return to its homeport of Miami on Sunday on schedule.

All guests on the current voyage will receive a $100 per person shipboard credit and a 25 percent credit toward a future Carnival cruise.

Carnival Splendor is on fourth day of a seven-day cruise that departed Miami on Sunday and returns this Sunday."

March 3, 2017 Update: Shortly after 6:00 P.M. today, Carnival modofied its offer of compensation to its guests: "50 percent refund, 50 percent future cruise discount, and a $100 shipboard credit."

Comments (75) Read through and enter the discussion with the form at the end
Gary R Shields - March 2, 2017 3:47 PM

The email we got says that the next cruise might be leaving late but more information will be sent my tomorrow at 6 pm

William Smith - March 2, 2017 4:02 PM

I am currently on the Splendor and we were informed this morning that there was an engine failure at 12:30am 3/2/2017. We are currently on the way back to Miami on one engine. Just to confirm, we have only been offered $100 credit per passenger and 25% off the next cruise.

jason - March 2, 2017 5:26 PM

Was informed today that a propeller is damaged on one engine. I am not positive but was informed by MARQ.

I will also confirm a 25 percent discount of our next cruise was all that is offered. We missed half of our destinations and they keep all of the money... just to lure people back with a discount so they can make more money.

Joyce Birchard - March 2, 2017 5:33 PM

keep us updated...I am suppose to sail on the Splendor on Sunday

Kathryn Patterson - March 2, 2017 5:57 PM

Yes, my Granddaughter texted us, as she is on the cruise with her mom, dad, brother and another grandma. I think the offer of $100 per person and 25% off another cruise is a crock... These guys cruised now because our school district quit having week long spring breaks, but this was a short week because of conferences, and they wouldn't miss as much. Besides the cost of the cruise, it cost each of them close to $600 to get to Miami and back. They don't take 3 or 4-day cruises because the airfare is so darn expensive. Carnival Cruise Line, if you have any conscience, you need to pony up some more money towards another cruise!

Sandra Supernault - March 2, 2017 6:17 PM

I am also on the Splendor and the 100 and 25% is a joke
I paid 3K for 8 days 7 nights and have just lost half my vacation

Bill Mayhew - March 2, 2017 6:39 PM

I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm currently at work but I am a frequent Carnival sailor. I'm mad for you guys, 25% and $100 is bullship!

Michelle Slade - March 2, 2017 8:26 PM

I'm also supposed to sail out on the Splendor this Sunday 3/5 :(

Jennifer Matthews - March 2, 2017 8:29 PM

My sister, bro-in-law, 2 nieces, and parents are on this ship right now. The way I understand it, is that the 25% refers to 25% of the cost they paid toward THIS cruise will be credited to them as On Board Credit to spend on the next cruise. It isn't even a discount on the next trip.

John - March 2, 2017 8:37 PM

My wife and i are currently on the splendor. Yes we missed two of our destinations, however we still have food, drinks, ac and the plumbing works. $100 credit per person and 25% off next cruise. We are more than satisfied with how Carnival is handling the situation. They are very apologetic for something they have no control over. Its one thing to say you're disappointed but cursing at the staff trying to get a complete refund, Really!. Get over yourself!

Jeanie McCoy - March 2, 2017 10:04 PM

I'm not inn this cruise, we actually assed this one up and took an earlier one on the Glory from 2/18-2/25.... Thank goodness too because I would be beyond pissed. $100 onboard credit? That's a joke & Carnival of always giving $100 onboard credit to make up for everything. On the Glory a lot of cruisers was so mad because all of the water slides was down and construction on half the pool side had the ship off limits on the 10 deck pool front.

Alberto - March 3, 2017 1:13 AM

We are currently on the ship. What was supposed to be a fun family trip has turned into a big dissapointment especially since we all traveled from very far. I had been looking forward to treating my mom and sister for over a year and due to "engine failure" Carnival has cancelled half of the itenirary and has only offered us $100 credit and...25% credit for a future cruise. The last thing I want is to get on another Carnival ship. The staff at Guest Service is rude and do not care about our concerns

Nathan - March 3, 2017 10:41 AM

On the carnival splendor now. Love how carnival calls problem a "technical issue." The captain and staff on board have told us one of the engines is shot and not working. Carnivals compensation is a joke. We will arrive in Miami at the current speed on Saturday and they are now trying to push "Miami excursions" as an off boat experience. So we miss 2 ports with all the excursions, get in early to Miami and lose a day at sea, and we get to experience a city in the US as a day off the ship???? All for a 25% discount off a future cruise (room only, not to include taxes and fees) and a $100/person bonus( ship port fees that are being refunded). Carnival is out $0. What a joke of a company with horrible customer service.

keith - March 3, 2017 10:49 AM

We are set to leave on the Splendor this Sunday 3/5/17. We received notice that there is a problem with the ship, and no guarantee we will be able to cruise on Sunday, with an update scheduled for today by 6 pm. The problem is we have hotel and parking reservations, and if we are not able to cruise, we have to cancel by 2 pm today, for the Hotel, and by 2pm tomorrow for the parking. What is one supposed to do not knowing the outcome and we may lose a couple of hundred dollars because of this?

Sheri Payne - March 3, 2017 11:07 AM

I too am on Splendor, we have the 815 dinner in MDR the black pearl. Night 1 we could feel the ship shaking. Last night we didn't have the shaking going on. It is Friday at 1054am and the ship is shaking again. I am on Lido deck sitting on my balcony. The captain and maintenance called a meeting for whomever wanted to go, in the theater to answer any questions we might have. The Q & A went well for the most part. At dinner we were given comp. Pop & glass of dry wine if we wanted it. I purchased the endless bubbles pre cruise. I do not drink dry wine. Its The thought that counts. We have received the 100 plus port fees. Majority are asking for 1/2 of our deposit per person back, other also want 50% off next cruise. This is the 2nd Ship in 3 years for me That has had issues.

David - March 3, 2017 11:42 AM

John- "something they have no control over". Really?

DEB - March 3, 2017 12:13 PM

WE ARE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE THIS SUNDAY TOO. NOT SURE IF I SHOULD PACK OR NOT.

Carnival Cruiser - March 3, 2017 1:52 PM

Ha, somebody paid close to $600 each just to get to the cruise... bad planning! I agree, $100 onboard CR and 25% toward your next cruise isn't much. We've cruised with Carnival many times but never had issues. Even been on the Splendor. Our daughter is scheduled to leave on the Splendor Sunday. I don't think that's going to happen. :(

scott asplund - March 3, 2017 2:55 PM

Carnival is now giving them 50% refund off the current cruise plus 50% off a future cruise

Goofy - March 3, 2017 3:30 PM

My dtr and a grp of friends are sailing out 3/5. They have only been offered the same deal and will not be informed if the cruise will go out until 6:30 the morning of. They are driving in from out of state. How crazy is that. I don;t want my dtr stuck without plans. Great spring break for these hard working kids..NOT....If it does sail they have been told they will most likely miss 2 ports or more but they are not being offered the chance to cancel now with a refund, only the $100 being offered. That is insane and extremely poor customer service. They should have the option to cancel. These kids worked hard to be able to go on this trip and this is so unacceptable. Fuming mad does even begin to define how disappointed I am with Carnival. shame shame shame on you... but Just another reason to keep sailing Royal Caribbean over Carnival. The slightly lower Carnival price is simply not worth this lack of customer service.

John - March 3, 2017 4:48 PM

Currently on the Splendor. Spirits remain high, contrary to what you may read here. Helps that Carnival upped the compensation today... 50% REFUND on what we all paid AND 50% off a future cruise. More than fair. Go away trolls... Carnival is making it right for those onboard and affected.

Kelly - March 3, 2017 5:02 PM

I and 7 others have are traveling from NY and we don't know what to do. I don't want to burn a weeks vacation to not do the ports I paid for. GOOFY where did they hear this, the only email I received was yesterday (the above referenced letter)saying we would hear by 6 pm tonight, how did she hear of 6:30 sunday. that doesn't work for us or probably anyone on this upcoming cruise??

Kelly - March 3, 2017 5:43 PM

Goofy - Where did you get this info from? I can't get any information anywhere. Carnival says they won't know until tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. If I cancel I lose all monies. So they must expect us to fly there to be told we aren't sailing... Bizarre!

Stacy Balderson - March 3, 2017 6:24 PM

I'm on the carnival splendor now. They are giving us
50% refund and 50% off our next cruise. Fingers crossed
We get back to Miami on time. We are all safe.

John R - March 3, 2017 7:22 PM

No 6:00 update as promised by Carnival for the cruise schedule to leave on Sunday.

John R - March 3, 2017 9:14 PM

March 3, 2017
Dear Guests,
We are writing to update you with additional information about your upcoming cruise on Carnival Splendor.
As you know, Carnival Splendor is experiencing a technical issue affecting the ship's maximum cruising speed. Our onboard team has conducted an assessment and determined that we will need additional time to restore the ship's maximum cruising speed to accommodate your planned itinerary.
Unfortunately, as a result, we will be required to operate a modified itinerary for your upcoming cruise.
We have presented our plans to the appropriate authorities which have been approved, pending a final on-site inspection.
Our plan is to operate the following modified itinerary, as follows:

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Sun Miami, FL 4:00 PM
Mon Nassau, The Bahamas 9:00 AM Overnight
Tue Nassau, The Bahamas Overnight 5:00 PM
Wed Fun Day @ Sea
Thu Fun Day @ Sea
Fri Freeport, The Bahamas 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
Sat Fun Day @ Sea
Sun Miami, FL 6:00 AM

On behalf of all of us at Carnival Cruise Line, we sincerely apologize that we are unable to deliver the itinerary you were expecting. We are committed to providing you with a great vacation and as part of this sailing, we will enhance your cruise with some added benefits and positive surprises that we believe you will enjoy.

Guests who sail with us will receive a 50% refund of their cruise fare and a 50% future cruise credit*. Additionally, a $100 per person on board credit will be posted to your on board Sail & Sign account. Pre-purchased shore excursions for your original itinerary, as well as any difference in taxes, fees and port expenses will be refunded to your Sail & Sign account. Information on shore excursions for your new itinerary will be available as soon as you board.

Should you wish to cancel and receive a full refund, you may do so by calling 1-800-CARNIVAL by 11:00 PM EST tomorrow. We will also refund any non-refundable air tickets associated with this cruise or any air change fees incurred to accommodate a new sailing. Please send documentation to airreimbursements@carnival.com so that we may process your refund.
Once again, we are very sorry for this unexpected change. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you on board where the Captain, our staff and entire crew will do everything possible to make your cruise fun and memorable!

Chad H - March 3, 2017 9:31 PM

We are on the 3/5 Splendor cruise. They have changed the itinerary to Bahamas only. They are offering 50% refund and 50% off a future cruise if you still want to go, and if you don't they are offering full refund plus refund of any airfare. Although I'm disappointed about the changed itinerary, I think this was more than fair on CCL's part.

Cathy Taylor - March 3, 2017 10:02 PM

Also cruising on Sunday!!! We are still going despite the drastic itinerary changes and we will enjoy it!!

Peter K - March 3, 2017 10:56 PM

Anyone have info on the Bahamas?

Lee - March 4, 2017 1:12 AM

I'm currently on splendor they have done everything to make our cruise enjoying under the circumstances and compensated us well and will still continue to cruise with them and we are still having a good time

Rafeluina Antuna - March 4, 2017 9:37 AM

Anybody thinks that the ship will be functioning 100% by March 12? I cruise on that date and I'm so frustrating right now because I'm looking forward to this vacation with my boyfriend to celebrate our one year together.

Chris - March 4, 2017 10:50 AM

Also on the 3/5 sailing....
Carnival has been outstanding in communication in this matter. A proactive e-mail was sent to us all on Thursday, we were all in notice. We are traveling from Boston by train so we also departed prior to knowing exactly what the ultimate plan was. Be assured it would have been easier for CCL to cancel the whole trip on us to fix the problem. Instead, they negotiated last minute ports with the respective authorities. Additionally we are still sailing for 7 days in the Caribbean. Sh*t happens. If utterly against the alternative you get a 100% refund including airfare even if you didn't buy travel insurance. We are looking forward to partying and having fun with fellow optimists on the Splendor tomorrow and will continue to praise CCL for their handling.

walter - March 4, 2017 2:22 PM

I just paid for 2 cabins last week for the Splendor for sailing the 2nd of April.What do you think of the chances the Splendor will be back to normal.

Stacy Balderson - March 4, 2017 5:26 PM

I'm on the carnival splendor now. They are giving us
50% refund and 50% off our next cruise. Fingers crossed
We get back to Miami on time. We are all safe.

Michelle - March 4, 2017 8:59 PM

Just wondering... I set sail September 18! Will this ship be up and runnin and function ing properly by then? Just wondering if I need to make any changes.

Rick - March 5, 2017 12:19 AM

We should be enjoying an open bar for the "Fun Days at Sea" or double it to two hundred to live up to a FUN SHIP provider and have extra entertainment on all these "Fun Days at Sea"

Kathy - March 5, 2017 9:58 AM

My husband, brother in law and my sister and I were on the Splendor and had a blast. The refund is a bonus as far as I am concerned. The staff on the Splendor were awesome and I could really say that we really enjoyed our vacation. It is what you make of it. I am looking forward to booking my 9th cruise with Carnival and will continue to cruise with them as they have always been fantastic host. I have had worst experience with air Canada and never is it a big deal, rarely ever compensated for our troubles so this trip was a minor issue for us. Thank you carnival for the refunds and see you in the near future

Susan Mitchell - March 5, 2017 1:58 PM

I have been on 19 Carnival cruises and have never had a problem. My husband & I just got off the Splendor today and feel that the crew and cruise line were great under the circumstances. They were up front and honest with the passengers, unlike other cruise lines we have been on that covered up the troubles and offered no compensation. We received a personal letter from the President of Carnival ...the compensation is 50% refund on this cruise, 100.00 shipboard credit and 50% off of our next cruise. Get the facts straight and stop expecting . We had a beautiful cruise!!! Yes, we booked this cruise to see Amber Cove, and did not get the chance, but WE Will NOT cruise with any other... We have tried others, and return to Carnival..I commend them at how it was handled, and for putting up with people that blame and expect way too much.

Dan - March 5, 2017 2:31 PM

They made sure everyone came back in time safe to Miami
with what they had. Thank you. I will return.
Also got a full refund on my wifi.

Kim G - March 5, 2017 4:57 PM

Still waiting to hear if our cruise on the 12th has changed. I hope they are able to correct the problem before then. But, I agree. A cruise is still amazing and we will have a great time regardless of where we go. I hope everyone that sails today has a great trip and be safe.

Tony Cook - March 5, 2017 5:12 PM

We are leaving on the splendor on the 12th, did the ship leave this morning ? If so is it on a modified itinerary ? We are supposed to go to Amber, Dominican Republic, San Juan, Turks island and St Thomas usvi and if they think I am getting on that boat and sail around the Bahama's for a week they are insane! The only way I will be getting on that boat is if it is 100% free ! I was promised an update by tomorrow and if it is anything less what I paid for then the whole thing will be cancelled !!

Claudo Calvo - March 6, 2017 9:24 AM

If Tony, I agree with you, I travel from Argentina on the 9th day to take that cruise, and they told me that on the 10th they are going to have a final decision about the 12th day cruise .. I hire THAT cruise for THAT tour ... no Another .. for more than I get paid what ... I do .. !! This is very complicated for me ... I have flight reservations, hotels, cars .... ufff .... !!!

Charlie Hall - March 6, 2017 10:52 AM

We were on the Splendor up until yesterday. Very unfortunate what happened but, it was one of those things that nobody had control over. We were each given $130, refunded 1/2 of our cruise cost, refunded missed excursion payments and given 50% off our next cruise.

Besides the engine problem, everything was wonderful. We just missed getting off the last two ports !!

Life on board the ship was as normal as usual...great food, service, drinks, entertainment, etc. We were just cruising at half speed and in my eyes, my wife and I made out well !! We had a great time, and with the money saved we'll get our next cruise free !!

Thank you Carnival...We are two very pleased customers !

Al - March 6, 2017 4:41 PM

I agree with Tony above , a "float trip " around the Bahamas is not cruising . If they keep the same itinerary , then I will go for full refund and go some other time .

Rafeluina Antuna - March 6, 2017 6:48 PM

We need an update for the people traveling this March 12th please. Anyone knows something new.

Lindsey - March 6, 2017 7:10 PM

We were promised an update for the 3/12 sailing by today. Has anyone heard anything? Really wanting to find out!

Melanie J. - March 7, 2017 2:24 AM

Hey,
we will be on the cruise at 12th. We are coming from Germany and we get an Email from Carnival that they can say something at the 9th. That is for us to late because then we are on the way to Miami.
They said we can cancel free of Charge and get back 100%. That sounds not good. We have a big Problem. I dont want to go on a ship which has Problems and get the Information to late which route we will now get.

Have someone more informations?
Will you cancel?

Sam De Simone - March 7, 2017 7:42 AM

We are booke for their cruise on March 12, 2017 & in March 6th Carnival kept us on the phone for over 4 hours, they refused to provide updated information. We asked to change ships and that were also refused, later they said that because we booked through one of their vendors that they can do nothing for us, they said we should only deal with Vacationstogo.com.
Of course Vavation to go claims that all monies were paid to Carnival and that they can do nothing.

It's shameful for Carnival to leave people in limbo, I have traveled at least 19 times with Carnival and I am very disappointed on their very bad policy in dealing with this matter.

Carnival should be ashamed in their attitude and leaving so many from abroad with ZERO details and in fact leaving its customers abandoned.

Sham on you,

Rafeluina Antuna - March 7, 2017 7:58 AM

Rob M - March 7, 2017 9:30 AM

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
CARNIVAL SPLENDOR
MARCH 12, 2017

Dear Valued Carnival Guests,

We are writing to provide you with an update on your upcoming cruise on Carnival Splendor. As you know, we have a technical issue which is affecting the ship's maximum cruising speed and we have adjusted the itinerary for the past two cruises.

Our technical team estimates we can complete the work needed to achieve maximum cruising speed prior to your departure on March 12th. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, we expect that we will be able to keep your current itinerary as planned. We will confirm our plans to you no later than 9:00 PM on Friday, March 10th.

While we are optimistic that we will operate the scheduled itinerary, we recognize there is some level of uncertainty. Should you wish to cancel and receive a full refund, please call 1-800-CARNIVAL, or your travel professional, and let us know by 9:00 PM on Saturday, March 11th. We will also reimburse you for any non-refundable air fare or change fees associated with your cancelled reservation. Kindly submit corresponding documentation to airreimbursements@carnival.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and greatly appreciate your patience while we continue to work through this situation.

We look forward to welcoming you on board Carnival Splendor!

Kristin - March 7, 2017 9:48 AM

Agree with Tony and the others above- no way a cruise to the Bahamas is an acceptable substitute, even at half price.

We are flying in early to visit Disney before the cruise. If I cancel now, what do I do with my Disney tickets?? Trying to be optimistic and hope they will have everything fixed by the 12th, however, we will absolutely be cancelling our cruise if the itinerary is not as promised. Very frustrating! Wish Carnival would provide more frequent updates to help us monitor the situation and make alternate plans.

Here is the email we received:

Dear Valued Carnival Guests,

We look forward to welcoming you on board Carnival Splendor!

Shaft - March 7, 2017 1:26 PM

I too am on the Sunday, March 12th Carnival Splendor cruise and flying in from LAX. Looked into alternative cruises from Miami but majority of cruise are sold out or are significantly higher priced. This uncertainty puts us in a very difficult situation. However, I plan on sticking with the plan of NOT cancelling and rooting for Carnival to fix the problem.

Does anyone know if this was a sold out cruise? If so, what percent of people are cancelling? People on board make the cruise experience amazing!

Allan Smith - March 7, 2017 1:46 PM

I was on the Splendor last week when they had the technical issues. The staff were very sorry and were very professional in their responses to the complaints. However there were the usual cry babies who wanted unreasonable compensation for the minor trouble. Get over it and grow up. Planes are designed to fly on one engine in emergencies so give thanks that all we were faced with was a slow cruise home. SHIP happens and as a former naval engineering officer I can say the problem is readily correctable and not life threatening.

I will be back to Carnival again, even though I flew from the west coast with the visit to Amber Cove as the most anticipated stop.
Special thanks to Maria and Wayan for the Casino bar service, you guys were great.

CLARENCE WATT - March 7, 2017 3:16 PM

any updates please

Carnival Cruiser - March 7, 2017 4:26 PM

Good grief!! so many complaints about the 3/12 cruise AFTER Carnival posted the update saying it should be fixed and you can get a full refund (including air) if you don't want to sail. READ thru before you complain. Not to mention, you should have gotten your email. My daughter got her updates as promised for the current (3/5) cruise.

Shaft - March 7, 2017 4:42 PM

Anyone going on Carnival Splendor on Sun, March 12th would like to meetup on the ship? I am flying out from LAX and my friend is coming from NYC. It's kinda nice to get to know more peeps before the cruise and plan out excursions! Email me at king6384@yahoo.com and we can exchange numbers.

Al - March 7, 2017 5:42 PM

Just spoke to customer service reference to Splendor problems , looking to switch ships . I was advised today at 5:30 pm EST that the problem had been fixed and 3-12-17 date was going as booked . No switch in ports of call. Here's hoping

Michelle - March 8, 2017 10:06 AM

I am following a Facebook group where a woman that is currently on board has posted that they changed their 2 days in Nassau, 2 days at sea 1 day in Freeport to 2 days in Nassau, 2 days in freeport for more repairs. They were supposed to leave Nassau last night at midnight but did not leave until 5:30 this morning and are crawling at 5 knots to Freeport :(

Lisa - March 8, 2017 3:45 PM

My family of 4 will be traveling on Splendor on March 12th. What should I do ? Should I cancel now and get refund or wait to hear back from them?

Shaft - March 8, 2017 5:50 PM

Hi Michelle.....what facebook group or blog are you following?

claudio nicolosi - March 8, 2017 7:21 PM

Does any body knows if the splendor is fixed?I wish carnival would give more updated.
I am not to happy with Carnival

Michelle - March 8, 2017 11:59 PM

If you search for Carnival Splendor March 12-19 2017 on Facebook you'll see two groups...request to join the larger one and there are lots of updates from the woman who is on board. We are all still in limbo though.

Melanie - March 9, 2017 4:47 AM

In my eyes the problem is not fixed when a ship is sailing with 5 knots (you can see it online when you searching for the posiotion of the ship), I guest is telling that the changed route is again changed and the ship was leaving Nassau 5 hours later as planed.

I am very disappointed of Carnival because they will let us know about our cruise at 12th so late. All guests from Europe (as I came) could not react in time to find a new solution for their planed Holidays.

Jay - March 9, 2017 7:53 AM

Hi Michelle, do you have any updated news about the Carnival Splendor March 12-19 ? Thanks!

Jacques - March 9, 2017 9:48 AM

Thanks for making our vacation fun despite the unfortunate machanical problem.
We were a group of ten and we are all very pleased with the final outcome.
You will see us all again next year.
Great job everybody

Michelle - March 9, 2017 10:09 AM

The Splendor is now in Freeport and is staying over night. No new info regarding the status of repairs.

Bas Maas - March 9, 2017 3:16 PM

After having sent an email to Carnival last Monday to ask for confirmation of the 50% refund and 50% discount on a next cruise, it is completely quiet in my mailbox.

Did somebody receive any formal feed-back on the compensation?

Bas Maas - March 9, 2017 3:17 PM

Did somebody receive any formal feed-back on the compensation?

Jay - March 10, 2017 8:11 AM

Anyone has updated info about Splendor March 12-19 please? Thank you very much!

Al - March 10, 2017 10:11 AM

Michelle , could you please post some news as soon as you have something. Seems like you are in touch with someone on the ship now , And we are anxious for something . I haven't heard anything in a few days. Thanks

Leila - March 10, 2017 9:24 PM

Just got a call from Carnival. Problem fixed. And the following email:

March 10, 2017

Dear Valued Carnival Guests,

I want to thank you for your patience and understanding as our team worked through the issue on Carnival Splendor this week. I am pleased to let you know that all the work has been completed and Carnival Splendor will operate her originally scheduled itinerary, with an extended stay in St. Thomas.

Oliva - March 11, 2017 10:35 PM

Our first cruise ever, happened to be during the mishap on March 2nd. Kudos to Carnival for the way they responded and for doing their best to make our days at sea enjoyable. we had a great time and will definitely return.

Elizabeth Reid - March 13, 2017 6:12 AM

Loyal RC cruisers , first time Carnival - we were on the 3/5 cruise . We NEVER received the 3/3 email informing us of the change in ports. Informal survey on fellow passengers - 50/50 received an email!! In fact I was able to purchased Belize excursions on Carnivals website on 3/3 after the 3/3 iternary change email was sent ??!! The crew was great BUT very disappointed . Sorry Nassau/Freeport are not our idea of a Caribbean cruise!

Chris - March 13, 2017 7:46 PM

Follow up on my 3/3 comment - we are currently traveling home from the 'adjusted itinerary' of the 3/5 sailing of Splendor. All i can say is we gave CCL a chance to redeem themselves. They had that chance to provide some worthy concessions, additional staff and entertainment. Carnival failed. Anyone who's interested, here is our detailed review/critique of the sailing and jacked up week we had with Carnival:

Colleen Landon - March 14, 2017 9:47 PM

Ask Carnival cruise line how they compensated the people that were planning to cruise on the Splendor to Cozumel, Belize, Honduras and Grand Cayman. I will give you a hint.....the ship had issues so they offered a trip to Bahamas for 2 days and then 5 days of floating for 1/2 price. Kind of seems like going to a restaurant and ordering a steak and being served chicken nuggets. Oh, did I mention this notification was emailed to us Friday night at 6:30 pm when we were set to sail on Sunday? Oh yeah....they told us the ship was having issues on Thursday, but would not give any details about how our trip may be affected. I guess waiting another day makes things better. I would recommend thinking twice before booking with Carnival. Oh...one more thing...they compensated us by offering us our money back. Thanks for your generosity...NOT